ARTVIEWS GALLERY – CALL FOR EXHIBITION PROPOSALS
The Montefiore Fine Art Program and Collection is pleased to announce the launch of the ARTVIEWS GALLERY, a rotating exhibition space located at the Medical Center in the Bronx. The gallery will exhibit original artwork and is open to all artists living and/or working in the Tri-State area. This rotating exhibition program seeks to enrich the lives of the patients, caregivers, associates, students, faculty and the community’s understanding of contemporary art in a medical center context.
ArtViews strives to support Montefiore’s mission to heal, to teach, to discover and to advance the health of the communities we serve. Exhibitions will feature a wide range of artwork with diversity in theme, medium and execution that will appeal to a wide audience while being respectful of cultural backgrounds and the Bronx community. Montefiore will sponsor six exhibitions yearly, with durations of between six to eight weeks.
Themes are open to interpretation and individual artists, groups and curators living and/or working in the tri-state area are eligible to submit proposals. All works in two dimensions, three dimensions, installation and video will be considered.
THE ARTVIEWS GALLERY SPECIFICATIONS
The gallery is located on the 1st Floor of the Montefiore Medical Center Moses Campus. The space is accessible from the main hallway connecting to the East 210th Street lobby entrance. Please note that wall tiles are installed on the lower half of the walls, which limits the space for artwork. There is a maximum of five feet available for installation of artwork. Overall measurements for the gallery are indicated below.
(Click on images for better view)
Illumination for the gallery is ambient lighting. Please note the presence of a light fixture on the North Wall. The entrances to both the Departments of Diagnostic X-Ray and Radiation Oncology are located in this corridor. This a heavily trafficked corridor used by patients, staff and administration.
If a proposal is accepted, the artist must:
• 2D artwork must be prepared for installation. Artists working in 3D or time-based media must supply their own display or AV equipment unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
• Provide artist’s statement and text for object labels.
• Transport or ship work to Montefiore at artist’s own expense.
• Be present for opening reception.
ARTVIEWS GALLERY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Install artwork.
• Insure exhibited artworks against loss or damage for duration of loan period.
• Design exhibition announcement and “e-vite.”
• Print posters announcing exhibition and display them throughout the medical center.
• Host an opening reception.
• Facilitate communication between the artist and potential buyers.
Artviews exhibitions will be publicized in the following venues:
• Montefiore website and newsletter
• Local Art exhibition Calendars
• Press releases
• Artist Reception
Artists must submit the information as identified below via email:
• A maximum of ten (10) works/artist.
• Images must be jpegs and text saved as Microsoft Word documents.
• An annotated image list identifying Title of Artwork, Media/Dimensions, Date of Work and brief description.
• Artist’s statement about work proposed for ArtViews Gallery.
• Artist’s resume, including full contact information: name, address, phone, email, and website address.
• If a group exhibition, please designate a single contact person.
Please submit all submissions and questions to: Art@montefiore.org