The Institutes of Applied Human Dynamics (IAHD) provides services for adults with developmental disabilities through out the Bronx and Westchester. Through a recent grant that we were awarded, we will be hiring a “Job Coach” to work with the art department and to be very involved with our Art Gallery in the Bronx. This grant is focused on providing work training, job matching and supports in the workplace.
In addition to retail experience, we are looking for an artist who is interested in working at our gallery and supporting our individuals in a work environment. We also have a printmaking studio and ceramic studio at one of our sites where there will be opportunities to gain experience teaching in these studios. At the gallery we provide art classes for small groups of adults and children from the local community. Our individuals prepare for the world of work through assisting with the teaching of these art classes in addition to sales and retail training at the gallery.
We have been a recipient of materials from MFTA and explore the art of reuse in a lot of the art that is created at our program. Our program has participated in multiple exhibitions at The Focal Point Art Gallery on City Island, a solo exhibition at Pelham Art Center, participation in the Riverdale Arts Fair and last years Small Works exhibit at MFTA.
Please see the attached job posting. We are looking to hire ASAP as this position will only be funded until 12/31/2015. If anyone is interested/ has questions, please forward them my contact info as well.
CONTACT – Nikki Doniere, Creative Arts Coordinator
Dynamic Expressions Art Gallery,
The Institutes of Applied Human Dynamics
770 Castle Hill Bronx, NY 10473
Institutes of Applied Human Dynamics
Position: Job Coach
Reports to: Customized Employment Manager
Hours of Work: 40hrs
Application Period: February 12, 2015 – February 26, 2015
This position will end on December 31, 2015
• Provide on the job training to adults with developmental disabilities
• Ensure consumers safety while on the job
• Ensure consumer’s arrive to their jobs in a timely manner
• Must be prepared to complete the job if consumer is unable to do so
• Provide counseling and SCIP intervention when necessary
• High School Diploma / GED
• Ability to multi-task
• Clean NYS Drivers License is a must
• Experience w/ the developmentally disabled population.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• High Energy and the Willingness to Work as a Team Player
• We are looking for individuals who have cleaning skills, prior experience working in the restaurant or food service industry, retail business, or are technologically savvy.
Submit a letter detailing your interest and qualifications to support your resume to the Human Resources Department by February 26, 2015. You can fax your information to 914-873-0512 or you may email Alicia Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org