JOB DESCRIPTION/TITLE: Executive Coordinator & Board Liaison
ORGANIZATION: The Bronx Council on the Arts (BCA) – 1738 Hone Avenue, Bronx, New York
To learn about BCA see our website: www.bronxarts.org
The Executive Coordinator & Board Liaison will provide support to the Executive Director (ED) and be the primary staff liaison with the BCA Board of Directors. Work activities will include direct interaction with executive level contacts, the BCA Board, funders/donors, BCA Members and VIP’s, plus contacts relevant to BCA’s new building headquarters presently in development, and special funding and donor campaign projects. The position requires attending all Board meetings, and occasional participation in public programs, and special events. Attending and engaging with staff and public at meetings and exhibition/program receptions, campaign and public communications and external affairs. This position will require an aspiring, creative, self-motivated manger with sharp skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and readiness to continue to grow talents and abilities.
Responsibilities may include:
• Function as the primary liaison for Executive Director’s office, fielding all phone calls, email inquiries, drafts correspondence and funding proposals for review, and manage confidential assignments and funders.
• Maintain contact databases and institutional documents (Board, Members/funders, and historical documents)
• Manage the Executive Director’s calendar on a daily basis, confirming and coordinating appointments, creating agendas, travel and itineraries when needed
• Coordinate and organize all meeting and promotional material for executive director and Board of Directors
• Responsible for the coordination of yearly schedule of board meetings -confirming attendees, creating board docs, minutes and reports, arranging meeting logistics, technical arrangements, materials, coordinating staff, board and guest speakers when needed, organizing presentations and taking minutes.
• Responsible for coordination and scheduling for all Board Committees Meetings with ED support -including meeting space, logistical arrangements, meals, confirming attendees and meeting minutes.
• Function as the liaison between the Board of Directors and BCA – alerting Board and Members of upcoming events and projects, and ensure information is delivered utilizing a variety of communication styles and devices. Special campaigns and events/programs organized by the Executive Office, manage RSVP lists, and order supplies/equipment.
• Provide administrative oversight and support, including correspondence, databases/online portals, development reporting, complete expense reports, credit card reconciliations, and reimbursements to submit to the Finance Department, track membership records and data.
• Coordinate telephone system/ answer incoming calls and mail; filing; general oversight of main office administration and organization, answering phones and relaying messages; and maintaining office supplies.
• Coordinate and perform site visits for special events, campaigns, and our new building HQ as needed.
Candidate requirements include:
• Bachelor of Arts degree, or equivalent experience • Solid knowledge of cultural/arts organizations, non-profits and their programming • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills • Ability to handle constant and frequent shifts in priorities • Attention to detail with ability of not losing sight of the big picture priorities • Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines • Ability to maintain discretion when dealing with highly confidential information • Excellent organization skills • Strong proficiency working in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google, and Outlook, and social media. *Must be computer savvy. Proficient in databases, PC and Mac a plus• Bilingual candidates proficient in both English and Spanish preferred. A healthy sense of humor, and love of big data tech is also a plus.
To Apply: Salary compensation includes benefits of two weeks paid vacation and participation in medical/dental after three months. Please send a cover letter and resume to: Executive Coordinator Search, Bronx Council on the Arts 1738 Hone Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461. By postal mail send to – Attn: Director’s Office Search. By email to: email@example.com. When responding via email, write “Executive Coordinator Job” in subject line. No phone calls please. BCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.